Okay but if you say you don’t get staticky hair in the winter, you’re lying. I find myself always wanting to put my hair up around this time of year as I simply cannot stand it when it sticks to my face. Recently I found this pull-through braid on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try on a friend!
Needed: ponytail, tiny rubber hair elastics
- Pull all hair up and situate it on the head where you would like the braid to be. Once this is decided, secure with the ponytail. (Optional: once I do this, I loosen up the hair that is pulled back to make the pony look more loose and natural.
- Split the ponytail into two equal sections but rather than splitting it how you normally would, create a top section and a bottom section.
- Take the top section and split it again into two sections how you normally would. Grab these sections, one in each hand, and pull them out and wrap them underneath the bottom section created in Step 2. Secure this with a rubber elastic. (Now the bottom section should be the ‘top section’).
- Repeat step 3 until you reach the end of the braid. Secure both sections together with one rubber elastic.
- Optional: personally, I like to pull at the strands of the braid to make it look larger, looser and more natural. It creates a fuller look for the braid.
Now I have to be honest, describing this is A LOT harder than doing it so I will link a YouTube video below if you are having trouble. This hair style looks so cute with so many winter outfits and better yet, it keeps your hair out of your face!
Good luck and happy braiding!