It’s been awhile since I’ve shared some of my favorites with you all so here are some things that I have been loving for the month of April!
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero – So as most of you can already tell, I’ve been having a rough couple of months. Although they’re starting to get better, I’m having a really hard time finding motivation throughout my everyday routine. I’ve fallen into some sort of a rut where I feel like I have no control of the world around me. In a previous post (linked here), I discussed Kalyn Nicholson and a video of hers. Recently, I was watching one of her videos and she talked about this book being her favorite book and how it has helped change her outlook on life tremendously. I thought, “what have I got to lose?” and ordered the book to my apartment. Although I don’t normally spend much money on myself, I decided that I deserved it and let me tell you, one of the best purchases I have ever made. The author takes a completely new perspective on life and completely opened up my eyes to the world around me. After reading this person, I will never be the same person as I was before I read this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is struggling with their own life or just needs a pick-me-up now and then.
- Bright Nail Polish – There’s just something about wearing bright, spring-colored nail polish that makes me feel so much better during this season. In Wisconsin, spring generally starts out very drab and rainy (just like it is outside right now) and can often take awhile before it actually starts to feel bright and sunny outside. Wearing a bright coral pink color on your nails helps to remind me that spring will come… eventually.
- Cute Coffee Shops – With finals and the end of the semester approaching fast, a quiet, yet cute, study space is essential to get me through these last few weeks. In my college town, there is an extremely cute coffee shop that has a modern feel and offers macaroons, fresh smoothies and lattés that are to die for. If I’m lost and you’re looking for me, chances are, you’ll find me here!
- My Dog – So I know that my dog is always one of my favorites (obviously), but recently when I went home for Easter, I was extra excited to see my dog and extra sad to leave her. I’m not quite sure why, but I miss her companionship whenever I’m struggling with life or I just need someone to snuggle with. I can’t wait to go home for good in a few weeks and see her tiny little tail wag everyday!
- My Sister – So the same thing goes for my sister as goes for my dog (except for the part about the tail wagging…). My sister and I have had our ups and downs but I think being away at college has made us both realize how lucky we are to have each other. I could not be more grateful for my sister and how much she has been there for me this past year. Karlee, I’m glad we both got to annoy mom together this past weekend…;).
- Music – I know I know, this one is kind of a given but to be quite honest, I’ve never really had a ton of time to listen to music. Recently, I’ve started bringing my earbuds to and from class everyday and I have to say, it has really helped distract me from what’s going on in my life around me. A few of my favorite songs this month are Die Trying by Michl and Perfect by Ed Sheeran.
As the month of April comes to a close, I’m reminded of all of the great people and things that I have in my life and I’m forever grateful for them. Only 29 more days of school left! (Again, not like I’m counting or anything…)