With the first month of summer officially over, I felt the need to share some of the things I have been loving!
- AEO Metal Round Sunglasses – Obviously sunglasses are a must for summer and for anyone that knows me, they know that cheap (yet cute) sunglasses are the way to go. Yes, a good quality, nice pair of sunglasses can be nice as long as you take very good care of them but with me constantly running from work, to up north, to wherever in the summer, it’s very easy for my sunglasses to become lost, scratched, or who knows what. I bought this pair of sunglasses last semester while shopping at the mall in my college town with my friends and I’m honestly surprised they’re still around. However, they do contain a scratch or two. I guess that just means that they have some stories to tell…
- Original Universal White Tevas – Yes, I know… wearing white shoes in the summertime is just like sending a risky text to your crush; you really never know what the outcome will be. But hey, I like living on the edge (or as edgy as a girl from Wausau, WI can get lmao) and I love my white Tevas sometimes more than I love myself. They go with just about anything and although very tough to clean (or very tough for my mom to clean as I should say), they’re super comfortable and I would recommend them to anyone. Of course, if white isn’t the color for you, they have many different colors and patterns to choose from.
- Target Swimsuit Top – Target has the cutest, yet most affordable, swimsuits for the summer, don’t even @ me on this one. And with how little my hometown has to offer for shopping, Target is the best place to get a swimsuit and receive the most bang for your buck. As a matter of fact, one day this past month, I was going out on one of my friends’ boats when I realized I was in need of a new swimsuit top. With only about an hour before we had to meet, I drove all the way to Target, picked out this swimsuit top, tried it on, and drove all the way home, and still had a significant amount of time to pack snacks and other boats essentials before I left. This just proves how easy it was for me to find a top I liked in a short amount of time as there were so many to choose from! I have worn this top multiple times this summer now as it has many bright summer colors and can match many different bottoms that I own!
- Guidesman Double Hammock – Hands down best $20 I’ve spent this summer, and that’s not even an exaggeration. A few days ago, a friend of mine had this great idea of hammocking and hanging up a bed sheet to project a movie onto so we could all watch while hanging in the trees. And let me tell you, it was one of the most relaxing things ever. Even though the bugs weren’t the nicest, it was definitely something that I could check off my summer bucketlist (if I had a summer bucketlist).
- “Your Shirt” by Chelsea Cutler – One of my best friends showed me this song the other week and ever since then, I haven’t been able to stop listening to it. It gives me so many good summer vibes and if you listen to it with your windows down on a warm summer day, I promise all of your problems will just seem to melt away. (Shoutout to Roanne for this one).
- Lace Up Heels – Everyone knows that summer is grad party season and let me tell you, these shoes are the best as they dress up literally any outfit you wear (unless, of course, you are wearing sweatpants lmao). I can’t tell you how many different graduation parties I have attended while wearing these shoes, and the best part is, they’re super comfortable too! I purchased these shoes a few months back from my local T.J.Maxx for a whopping $20 and I can say they are one of my most favorite pair of shoes that I own (especially because they add height to me considering I’m only 5’2″).
With July now in full swing, I can’t wait to continue to take full advantage of these favorites while still finding new ones to share next month!